Standard Cancellation Policy – July 2023
Fees and deposits are non-refundable in the event of a cancellation by the guest, all guests making direct bookings are given the option to include “Refund Protection” at the time of booking, which provides additional refund cover for a number of risk based scenarios. See full list of refund protection cover. If Refund Protection is not included on your booking, we strongly advise all customers to purchase suitable holiday insurance to cover their own risks for cancellation.
Refunds will not be provided for cancellations due to bad weather however you may be able to claim on your own travel insurance or Refund Protection (if purchased at the time of booking) in the event that there is Government warning in place not to travel.
Log cabin bookings with at least 4 weeks notice, and all other stays with at least 2 weeks notice, can be amended free of charge, including changing the dates (subject to availability). If the cost for the amended booking is different from the original booking, the guest will be liable for any the additional fee or receive a credit for the difference accordingly.
Third party bookings, via Pitchup, Airbnb etc, may incur an additional admin fee of £15 for amendments and may have a different cancellation policy.
If Alpine Grove is forced to cancel your booking for any reason (except for non-payment of deposit or fees), a full refund will be provided.
Force Majeure: The Park are not liable for refunds for expenses incurred in the event they are prevented from fulfilling your Booking as a result of circumstances beyond their control. Such circumstances shall include (but not be limited to) war, terrorism, riots or civil unrest, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, epidemics, health risks or such similar events (“Force Majeure”). We recommend that you have adequate holiday insurance in place to cover this.
The following are for the benefit of all guests of Alpine Grove. The word “we” refers to the owners of Alpine Grove Touring Park. By making a booking at Alpine Grove Touring Park (thereafter called the “Park”), you and all members of your party are bound by the Terms & conditions below:
- Management: We reserve the right to refuse anyone admission to the Park, whether booked or not. We will also ask Patron’s to leave whose behaviour is considered by us to be detrimental to the interests of other guests. In this event no refund will be given.
- Reservations: Reservations can be made on-line or by phone and by paying a non-refundable deposit of £25 per pitch and £100 per log cabin. Provisional bookings will be automatically cancelled after 7 days if no payment is received or within 2 days if the intended stay is within 2 weeks of the booking. Balance payments are due 4 weeks before arrival for camping and 8 weeks before arrival for log cabins, bookings may be cancelled with loss of deposit if balance payments are not made within 7 days of the due date.
- Group Bookings: Any booking consisting of more than 3 pitches, booked together or as individuals requesting to be “pitched together”, will be considered as a group booking. Group bookings are not permitted during peak holiday periods (high season) which includes Bank Holiday weekends, unless by prior agreement. We reserve the right to cancel any group bookings for the high season that have not been permitted in advance, a refund will be provided.
- Insurance: As well as cancellation insurance or Refund Protection included at the time of booking, we advise that your caravan, tent, motorhome etc. be fully insured as no responsibility can be accepted by the Park for loss, damage or injury whilst on our site unless caused from negligence from the Park and it’s employees.
- Arrivals & Departures: Upon arrival, please register at the park reception and you will be directed to your pitch or cabin. For log cabins and glamping, arrivals from 4pm and departures by 10am unless previously agreed. For camping, arrivals from 2pm to 7pm for reserved pitches unless previously agreed with the management. Departure Time is noon unless otherwise agreed. Specific pitches cannot be guaranteed.
- Fire Regulations: In order to comply with Fire Regulations all pitches must be 6 metres (20 feet) apart, any open fire including bbqs must be off of the ground and not within 5 metres of any vehicle or camping unit. No fire pits on any log cabin balcony.
- Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging: For safety reasons, electric or hybrid vehicles should NOT be charged directly from any of the log cabins, camping EHU points or from any on-site camping units such as caravans, motorhomes or tents etc. Please use the dedicated EV charging points located near our main toilet block and activated via the VendElectric app.
- Barbecues: Barbecues may be used when placed on a suitable stand to prevent scorch marks on the grass or wooden tables. Firepits are allowed by agreement (please ask first) however only shop bought or seasoned wood may be used to avoid risk of sparks. Fire pits are available to rent (subject to availability) and well seasoned firewood is available to buy on site.
- Children: Must be under the supervision of their parents or guardians at all times especially in the playground, swimming pool and toilet block.
- Visitors: Guests must ensure that visitors (i.e. friends & family) report to Reception upon arrival. A daily rate charge applies to all visitors. Visitors must park in the designated area.
- Dogs: Alpine Grove Touring Park is a dog friendly campsite. However, dogs must always be kept under control on short leads. Please clean up after your dog & dispose of waste in the marked bins. Only 2 dogs per pitch are allowed. Dogs are not allowed in any building including the toilet block and swimming pool area. Dogs must not cause disturbance.
- Laundry: To preserve our sensitive woodland site washing lines of any kind are prohibited. Commercial washing machine and tumble dryer facilities are available on site, tokens available from the shop.
- Litter: Place litter in the bins provided. Unwanted large items (i.e. furniture) must be removed from the Park.
- Noise: In the interest of all our guests, all noise must be kept to a minimum after 10:30pm and before 7.30am.
- Liabilities: We will not be held responsible in any way, either directly or indirectly, for any damage to guest’s or visitor’s property, theft or injury to persons whilst on the Park.
- Facilities: All facilities are provided at the discretion of the Owners and may be removed at any time. The swimming pool is open daily from late April to mid Sept.
- Guests responsibilities: to ensure no damage to trees, grass, plants or wildlife whilst on the Park. All guests & visitors are liable for any damage howsoever caused to fixtures, fittings, flora & fauna.
- Cleaning: We expect our cabins or glamping units to be left in the same clean condition as at the start of your break. A cleaning charge of £70 may apply if the cabin requires a thorough clean on your departure. In these instances the charge will be deducted directly from your debit/credit card.
Last updated July 2023